Former Haryana Dy CM Chander Mohan joins HJC
Hisar (Har): Former Haryana Deputy Chief Minister Chander Mohan, who grabbed headlines with his controversial second marriage to Fiza Mohammed, today left the the ruling Congress and joined Haryana Janhit Congress, floated by his late father Bhajan Lal.
Mohan, a four-time legislator from Kalka seat of Haryana and elder son of former Chief Minister Bhajan Lal, joined the HJC, a party floated five years back by his father and brother Kuldeep Bishnoi after parting ways with the Congress.
In a show of unity, the family held a rally on the death anniversary of Bhajan Lal near Mandi Adampur, about 40 km from here, where a formal announcement on his joining was made.
Jasma Devi, wife of Bhajan Lal, had been pressing for the `union` of brothers after the death of Bhajan Lal. BJP leaders Om Parkash Dhankhar, Harsh Vardhan and state president Krishan Pal Gujjar paid rich tributes to Bhajan Lal and claimed that HJC-BJP combine would become stronger with the joining of Chander Mohan.
At the rally, Kuldip Bishnoi, who is HJC MP from Hisar, was projected as next chief minister by the combine.
"My father`s wish has been fulfilled. He wanted to see the family as one unit. Now togother we shall launch a struggle against the Congress regime and uproot it from Haryana," Bishnoi said.
Chander Mohan was made Deputy Chief Minister in Bhupinder Singh Hooda government when Congress returned to power in Haryana in 2005 with an overwhelming majority. Hooda had edged out Bhajan Lal in the race of Chief Ministership, which eventually led Lal and Bishnoi to sever ties with Congress.
However, Chander Mohan continued to remain in the Congress but in 2009 he was removed as Deputy Chief Minister after he left his family and wife and resurfaced after many many days only to announce that he had converted to Islam and married Anuradha Bali alias Fiza Mohammed, a former senior law officer of Haryana. He was also disowned by his father.
However, the couple`s tumultuous relationship did not last long and he was accepted back into the family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31