Former Haryana Dy CM Chander Mohan joins HJC
Hisar (Har): Former Haryana Deputy Chief Minister Chander Mohan, who grabbed headlines with his controversial second marriage to Fiza Mohammed, today left the the ruling Congress and joined Haryana Janhit Congress, floated by his late father Bhajan Lal.
Mohan, a four-time legislator from Kalka seat of Haryana and elder son of former Chief Minister Bhajan Lal, joined the HJC, a party floated five years back by his father and brother Kuldeep Bishnoi after parting ways with the Congress.
In a show of unity, the family held a rally on the death anniversary of Bhajan Lal near Mandi Adampur, about 40 km from here, where a formal announcement on his joining was made.
Jasma Devi, wife of Bhajan Lal, had been pressing for the `union` of brothers after the death of Bhajan Lal. BJP leaders Om Parkash Dhankhar, Harsh Vardhan and state president Krishan Pal Gujjar paid rich tributes to Bhajan Lal and claimed that HJC-BJP combine would become stronger with the joining of Chander Mohan.
At the rally, Kuldip Bishnoi, who is HJC MP from Hisar, was projected as next chief minister by the combine.
"My father`s wish has been fulfilled. He wanted to see the family as one unit. Now togother we shall launch a struggle against the Congress regime and uproot it from Haryana," Bishnoi said.
Chander Mohan was made Deputy Chief Minister in Bhupinder Singh Hooda government when Congress returned to power in Haryana in 2005 with an overwhelming majority. Hooda had edged out Bhajan Lal in the race of Chief Ministership, which eventually led Lal and Bishnoi to sever ties with Congress.
However, Chander Mohan continued to remain in the Congress but in 2009 he was removed as Deputy Chief Minister after he left his family and wife and resurfaced after many many days only to announce that he had converted to Islam and married Anuradha Bali alias Fiza Mohammed, a former senior law officer of Haryana. He was also disowned by his father.
However, the couple`s tumultuous relationship did not last long and he was accepted back into the family.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended