Former Haryana minister passes away
Chandigarh: Former Haryana Industries minister and senior Congress leader Lachhman Dass Arora on Tuesday passed away due to prolonged illness at his native town Sirsa.
He was 79 and is survived by his wife and five daughters.
Born on October 13, 1932 at village Sangha in Bhatinda district of then joint Punjab, Arora became member of the Haryana Assembly five times in 1967, 1982, 1991, 2000 and 2005.
He had held many important portfolios including Technical Education, Tourism, Sports, Revenue, Consolidation, Rehabilitation, Forest, Home, Local Government, Tourism and Housing and Industries, Mines and Geology and Excise and Taxation and Urban Development.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda expressed grief over his demise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?
- Swami Prasad Maurya is a traitor: Mayawati
- Gold slips from 26-month high, down Rs 485 on fall in demand
- Watch this video! Your stomach will churn as man puts 2 live vampire bats in mouth