Former Haryana minister passes away
Chandigarh: Former Haryana Industries minister and senior Congress leader Lachhman Dass Arora on Tuesday passed away due to prolonged illness at his native town Sirsa.
He was 79 and is survived by his wife and five daughters.
Born on October 13, 1932 at village Sangha in Bhatinda district of then joint Punjab, Arora became member of the Haryana Assembly five times in 1967, 1982, 1991, 2000 and 2005.
He had held many important portfolios including Technical Education, Tourism, Sports, Revenue, Consolidation, Rehabilitation, Forest, Home, Local Government, Tourism and Housing and Industries, Mines and Geology and Excise and Taxation and Urban Development.
Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda expressed grief over his demise.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'