Four-year-old falls in borewell in Haryana
Gurgaon: A four-year-old has fallen into a deep borewell in Haryana`s Manesar town. A rescue operation has been launched, police said on Thursday.
The girl child slipped into the 70-feet deep borewell near Manesar`s Industrial Model Township (IMT) on National Highway-8 while the family was celebrating her birthday around 11 pm on Wednesday.
"The administration is making all efforts to save the child," Manesar Tehsildar Balraj Singh Dangi said on phone.
Army and National Security Guard personnel have been called in to rescue the child. The area near borewell is congested which has increased the problems for the team, Singh said.
Three JCB machines were pressed into service to dig from two parallel sides of the borewell. Oxygen pipes were put in to help the child breathe.
The girl child was talking to his father up to 2 am but fell silent thereafter, chief medical officer Praveen Garg said.
Child`s father Niraj Kumar is a factory worker in Manesar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation