Four-year-old falls in borewell in Haryana
Gurgaon: A four-year-old has fallen into a deep borewell in Haryana`s Manesar town. A rescue operation has been launched, police said on Thursday.
The girl child slipped into the 70-feet deep borewell near Manesar`s Industrial Model Township (IMT) on National Highway-8 while the family was celebrating her birthday around 11 pm on Wednesday.
"The administration is making all efforts to save the child," Manesar Tehsildar Balraj Singh Dangi said on phone.
Army and National Security Guard personnel have been called in to rescue the child. The area near borewell is congested which has increased the problems for the team, Singh said.
Three JCB machines were pressed into service to dig from two parallel sides of the borewell. Oxygen pipes were put in to help the child breathe.
The girl child was talking to his father up to 2 am but fell silent thereafter, chief medical officer Praveen Garg said.
Child`s father Niraj Kumar is a factory worker in Manesar.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Two killed in police firing in Arunachal's Tawang
- No plans to restart ceasefire with NSCN-K: Home ministry
- Trio of Earth-like planets found may posses perfect conditions for life, claim scientists
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar to go back to Goa after Union Cabinet reshuffle?
- Pakistan regrets US lack of appreciation for its anti-terror role