Four-year-old girl rescued from borewell in Haryana
Palwal: Army and district officials early in the morning on Thursday managed to rescue a four-year-old girl who had fallen into a borewell with her ordeal lasting several hours.
The girl, Bipasha, fell into the ditch in the evening yesterday while at play outside her maternal uncle`s house in Amarpur village.
The rescue team had to dig a parallel ditch next to the one into which the girl had fallen before they were able to lift her out at around 4:00 am.
The girl was admitted to the district hospital after the rescue and a medical official said that the four-year-old was doing fine.
The borewell was reportedly dug by the village panchayat, and district officials said that they will investigate the matter and hold accountable those responsible for the episode.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends