Free bus service for cancer patients in Haryana
Chandigarh: Haryana government has decided to provide free travel facility to cancer patients in state roadways buses.
About 50,000 cancer patients travel in the buses for treatment facilities every year, state Health Minister Rao Narender said in a release today.
It has come to notice that a cancer patient usually has to visit hospitals on an average 15 times in a year for treatment and they have to spend hefty amount as travelling expense, he said.
Keeping this in view, the state government has decided to provide free travelling facility to such patients in state-owned buses, he said.
A provision of Rs 5 crore has been made for this purpose.
Such patients could avail this facility on the basis of an identity card issued by the Civil Surgeon of the district. This card would be valid for maximum 15 visits (to and fro) or for one year.
After the expiry of validity, the patient would have to submit the identity card in the office of Civil Surgeon and thereafter, a new one would be issued, he added.
The office of the Civil Surgeon would be required to maintain complete record in this regard and on the basis of it, the reimbursement would be made to transport department by the Health Department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy