Free bus service for cancer patients in Haryana
Chandigarh: Haryana government has decided to provide free travel facility to cancer patients in state roadways buses.
About 50,000 cancer patients travel in the buses for treatment facilities every year, state Health Minister Rao Narender said in a release today.
It has come to notice that a cancer patient usually has to visit hospitals on an average 15 times in a year for treatment and they have to spend hefty amount as travelling expense, he said.
Keeping this in view, the state government has decided to provide free travelling facility to such patients in state-owned buses, he said.
A provision of Rs 5 crore has been made for this purpose.
Such patients could avail this facility on the basis of an identity card issued by the Civil Surgeon of the district. This card would be valid for maximum 15 visits (to and fro) or for one year.
After the expiry of validity, the patient would have to submit the identity card in the office of Civil Surgeon and thereafter, a new one would be issued, he added.
The office of the Civil Surgeon would be required to maintain complete record in this regard and on the basis of it, the reimbursement would be made to transport department by the Health Department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack