Free medical treatment to govt school students in Haryana
Chandigarh: The Haryana Government would provide free of cost medical treatment to students up to 18 years of age enrolled in all government schools and Anganwari centres under the Indira Bal Swasthya Yojna (IBSY).
The scheme would also include treatment for cancer and heart ailments, National Rural Health Mission Director Rakesh Gupta said in a meeting today to prepare a blueprint for better execution of IBSY in the state.
Under this scheme, children would be given treatment at the Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh and other major health care institutes.
IBSY being run by Health Department could be given a new dimension with the help of Sarva Sikhsha Abhiyan and Education Department to improve the level of health of children between 0 and 18 years, he said.
Gupta said the children would be diagnosed for anaemia and this work would be carried out jointly by the Education and Health departments.
For this, teachers would be trained at the block level to examine children and laboratory technicians of the Health Department would visit the schools to check the level of haemoglobin in children. If the level is low, after examination by a doctor the child would be given a dose of Iron-Folic Acid tablets free of cost.
Gupta said if any child is found suffering from severe anaemia, he/she would be referred to a health institute for free and better treatment there.
Under this scheme eyes of children would also be checked, and if needed, free spectacles would be provided to them.
In addition to it, he said, differently abled children would be diagnosed by doctors and they will be provided with Disability Certificate after evaluation of their capabilities, besides free remedial surgery, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why