Free medical treatment to govt school students in Haryana
Chandigarh: The Haryana Government would provide free of cost medical treatment to students up to 18 years of age enrolled in all government schools and Anganwari centres under the Indira Bal Swasthya Yojna (IBSY).
The scheme would also include treatment for cancer and heart ailments, National Rural Health Mission Director Rakesh Gupta said in a meeting today to prepare a blueprint for better execution of IBSY in the state.
Under this scheme, children would be given treatment at the Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh and other major health care institutes.
IBSY being run by Health Department could be given a new dimension with the help of Sarva Sikhsha Abhiyan and Education Department to improve the level of health of children between 0 and 18 years, he said.
Gupta said the children would be diagnosed for anaemia and this work would be carried out jointly by the Education and Health departments.
For this, teachers would be trained at the block level to examine children and laboratory technicians of the Health Department would visit the schools to check the level of haemoglobin in children. If the level is low, after examination by a doctor the child would be given a dose of Iron-Folic Acid tablets free of cost.
Gupta said if any child is found suffering from severe anaemia, he/she would be referred to a health institute for free and better treatment there.
Under this scheme eyes of children would also be checked, and if needed, free spectacles would be provided to them.
In addition to it, he said, differently abled children would be diagnosed by doctors and they will be provided with Disability Certificate after evaluation of their capabilities, besides free remedial surgery, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam