Free medical treatment to govt school students in Haryana
Chandigarh: The Haryana Government would provide free of cost medical treatment to students up to 18 years of age enrolled in all government schools and Anganwari centres under the Indira Bal Swasthya Yojna (IBSY).
The scheme would also include treatment for cancer and heart ailments, National Rural Health Mission Director Rakesh Gupta said in a meeting today to prepare a blueprint for better execution of IBSY in the state.
Under this scheme, children would be given treatment at the Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh and other major health care institutes.
IBSY being run by Health Department could be given a new dimension with the help of Sarva Sikhsha Abhiyan and Education Department to improve the level of health of children between 0 and 18 years, he said.
Gupta said the children would be diagnosed for anaemia and this work would be carried out jointly by the Education and Health departments.
For this, teachers would be trained at the block level to examine children and laboratory technicians of the Health Department would visit the schools to check the level of haemoglobin in children. If the level is low, after examination by a doctor the child would be given a dose of Iron-Folic Acid tablets free of cost.
Gupta said if any child is found suffering from severe anaemia, he/she would be referred to a health institute for free and better treatment there.
Under this scheme eyes of children would also be checked, and if needed, free spectacles would be provided to them.
In addition to it, he said, differently abled children would be diagnosed by doctors and they will be provided with Disability Certificate after evaluation of their capabilities, besides free remedial surgery, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31