Gamblers attack police team in Faridabad, two personnel injured
Faridabad: Two police personnel were injured when suspected gamblers attacked them during a raid here.
According to police, sub-inspector Jayvir Singh has complained that they were on their routine patrol on yesterday night when they were informed that open gambling was going on in the area.
Reacting to the alert, police conducted a surprise raid and nabbed Maqshood, a resident of adjacent Jamalpur. Maqshood then promptly shouted to his companions.
A mob of twenty people then gathered and thrashed the police personnel with sticks, iron rods and fled away with Maqshood, police said, adding a probe has been ordered in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption