Gamblers attack police team in Faridabad, two personnel injured
Faridabad: Two police personnel were injured when suspected gamblers attacked them during a raid here.
According to police, sub-inspector Jayvir Singh has complained that they were on their routine patrol on yesterday night when they were informed that open gambling was going on in the area.
Reacting to the alert, police conducted a surprise raid and nabbed Maqshood, a resident of adjacent Jamalpur. Maqshood then promptly shouted to his companions.
A mob of twenty people then gathered and thrashed the police personnel with sticks, iron rods and fled away with Maqshood, police said, adding a probe has been ordered in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- A Flying Jatt tweet review: First day first show
- Xiaomi MIUI 8 ROM starts rolling out: Know which phones in India will get the update
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH
- Salman Khan's fan trolled, criticised Yogeshwar Dutt after he was out of Olympics. Here's his FITTING reply
- Setback for NSUI as ABVP wins big in student union polls in Rajasthan