Gamblers attack police team in Faridabad, two personnel injured
Faridabad: Two police personnel were injured when suspected gamblers attacked them during a raid here.
According to police, sub-inspector Jayvir Singh has complained that they were on their routine patrol on yesterday night when they were informed that open gambling was going on in the area.
Reacting to the alert, police conducted a surprise raid and nabbed Maqshood, a resident of adjacent Jamalpur. Maqshood then promptly shouted to his companions.
A mob of twenty people then gathered and thrashed the police personnel with sticks, iron rods and fled away with Maqshood, police said, adding a probe has been ordered in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened