Geetika case: Computers seized from Kanda`s office
New Delhi/Gurgaon: Investigators on Sunday seized computers from the Gurgaon office of former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda, arrested in connection with the suicide of his former employee Geetika Sharma, even as he remained mum on where he hid for the ten days he managed to evade the police.
Police took Kanda, who surrendered yesterday morning, to the office of his defunt airline MDLR and his residence in Gurgaon on Delhi`s outskirts and searched the premises.
He was questioned by police for the second consecutive day in the presence of his lawyers.
Sources said Kanda, who resigned after he was booked in the case, did not provide details about where he was hiding for ten days ignoring summons by police in connection with suicide on Geetika on August five at her Ashok Vihar residence.
In her suicide note, she alleged that Kanda and Aruna Chaddha were harassing her.
The police team seized computers and documents from Gurgaon office of Kanda, who was sent to seven-day police custody by a local court yesterday. The team stayed there for a period of three hours and later took Kanda to his Civil Lines residence for further probe in the matter, the sources said.
The Delhi police team stayed in his house for nearly 15 minutes.
The sources said they were looking for hard disks of some computers which may help in further investigations. Investigators believe that retrieving electronic data is important.
The post mortem report of Geetika said she died of hanging and the ligature mark is ante-mortem in nature. The report also suggested that she had physical relationship.
"Sealed samples of vaginal and anal swabs along with slides were preserved for semen and DNA profiling and handed over to the police," the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack