Geetika case: Police plea for Aruna`s custody rejected
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Tuesday once again failed before a court here to get the custody of Aruna Chaddha to confront her with fresh documents recovered at the behest of Gopal Kanda, former Haryana Minister and key accused in Geetika Sharma suicide case.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate D K Jangala dismissed police`s plea for a 2-day police custody of Chaddha.
The fresh plea of the Delhi Police was rejected, a day after the Magistrate`s court yesterday refused the investigators custodial interrogation of Chaddha to confront her with Kanda.
In the application today, the police said they have recovered fresh facts and documents with which they want to confront Chaddha.
The court then remanded her to judicial custody till August 30.
The court had yesterday rejected police plea for her custody saying it was not satisfied with the application and had sent her to judicial custody for a day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing