Geetika case: Police plea for Aruna`s custody rejected
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Tuesday once again failed before a court here to get the custody of Aruna Chaddha to confront her with fresh documents recovered at the behest of Gopal Kanda, former Haryana Minister and key accused in Geetika Sharma suicide case.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate D K Jangala dismissed police`s plea for a 2-day police custody of Chaddha.
The fresh plea of the Delhi Police was rejected, a day after the Magistrate`s court yesterday refused the investigators custodial interrogation of Chaddha to confront her with Kanda.
In the application today, the police said they have recovered fresh facts and documents with which they want to confront Chaddha.
The court then remanded her to judicial custody till August 30.
The court had yesterday rejected police plea for her custody saying it was not satisfied with the application and had sent her to judicial custody for a day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location