Geetika case: Police plea for Aruna`s custody rejected
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Tuesday once again failed before a court here to get the custody of Aruna Chaddha to confront her with fresh documents recovered at the behest of Gopal Kanda, former Haryana Minister and key accused in Geetika Sharma suicide case.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate D K Jangala dismissed police`s plea for a 2-day police custody of Chaddha.
The fresh plea of the Delhi Police was rejected, a day after the Magistrate`s court yesterday refused the investigators custodial interrogation of Chaddha to confront her with Kanda.
In the application today, the police said they have recovered fresh facts and documents with which they want to confront Chaddha.
The court then remanded her to judicial custody till August 30.
The court had yesterday rejected police plea for her custody saying it was not satisfied with the application and had sent her to judicial custody for a day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands