Geetika Sharma suicide: `Gopal Kanda to surrender before Delhi Police`
New Delhi: Hours after his anticipatory bail plea was rejected by the Delhi High Court, ex-Haryana minister Gopal Kanda, accused in Geetika Sharma suicide case, finally, may surrender before police on Friday night, his brother Govind Kanda said to Zee News.
Kanda’s brother, who was detained by the police, claimed that Kanda would arrive shortly at Ashok Vihar police station to surrender.
Zee News visuals showed supporters of Gopal Kanda, thronging outside Ashok Vihar police station, shouting pro-Kanda slogans.
Defending Gopal Kanda, his brother Govind also blamed Delhi Police for not cooperating with Kanda. He said that Kanda was a well mannered and respected person and was never given enough time by Delhi Police.
Earlier, Delhi Police Commissioner also said on Twitter, that Kanda will be in police custody soon.
“V will get Kanda soon enough Our best boys r on d job”, tweeted Delhi Police.
Earlier in the day, the anticipatory bail plea of Kanda was dismissed by the Delhi high court.
Justice P K Bhasin, in his order, said that the accused "appears to be sitting comfortably somewhere without any apprehension of his arrest by the police" and his brother Govind Kumar has filed the anticipatory bail application on his behalf without any proper authorization.
Kanda has been evading police, ever since Geetika Sharma was found hanging in her flat in north west Delhi on August 5.
Geetika Sharma (23) was a former air hostess with Kanda`s now defunct MDLR airlines and had alleged in her suicide note that she was committing suicide due to harassment by Kanda and MDLR official Aruna Chaddha.
Both Kanda and Chaddha had denied the allegations.
Kanda, an Independent MLA who held Home, Urban Bodies and Industry and Commerce portfolios, resigned the following day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test