Geetika suicide: Kanda likely to appear in court on Monday
New Delhi: As Haryana`s former minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, accused in Geetika Sharma suicide case, continues to elude the police, reports said that he may surrender in a Delhi court on Monday.
Asked about this, Kanda`s brother Govind said, "Talks are on but what has to be done is not decided yet."
Kanda is charged accused of abetting the suicide of his ex-employee and former air hostess Geetika Sharma to suicide.
An autopsy report yesterday confirmed there was no foul play and Geetika died due to hanging.
Meanwhile, Delhi Police continued searches at all possible hideouts of Kanda and also reached Goa to look for him.
Fresh raids were conducted at Kanda`s residence in Sirsa last night and sleuths questioned his relatives but he could not be located, a senior police official said.
The police official said six teams were searching for Kanda.
A court here also sent the now-defunct MDLR Airlines` official Aruna Chaddha to two days` police custody in connection with the case. She was arrested on Wednesday.
Police have also scanned the call details of Chaddha and found that she was in constant touch with Kanda.
Delhi Police are also planning to take her to Gurgaon, Sirsa and Faridabad to conduct raids at Kanda`s possible hideouts.
On Thursday, Kanda`s anticipatory bail plea was dismissed by a sessions court and a look-out notice was issued Thursday by Delhi Police against him.
A senior police official said all airports have also been alerted to ensure that Kanda does not fly out of the country.
Charges of criminal intimidation were Tuesday slapped on Kanda and he was summoned for questioning over the death of his former employee Geetika, whose body was found hanging at her house in Delhi`s Ashok Vihar Aug 5. She had named Kanda and Chaddha in her suicide note for harassing her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof