Geetika suicide: Kanda`s bail plea rejected
New Delhi: Former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, accused of abetting the suicide of his employee and former flight attendant Geetika Sharma, was denied bail by a Delhi court on Thursday.
District and Additional Sessions Judge SK Sarvaria dismissed the bail application of Kanda as the police opposed it. The application was moved Wednesday.
Kanda and his employee Aruna Chaddha, a former official of the defunct MDLR Airlines where Geetika had worked, are in judicial custody till Sep 25.
The former Haryana minister, who owned the airlines, was arrested Aug 18 and Chaddha was taken into custody Aug 8.
Geetika, 23, died on the night of Aug 4-5 at her house in Delhi`s Ashok Vihar area.
Her two suicide notes named Kanda and Chaddha for harassing her and driving her to suicide. Both have denied the allegations.
Kanda was forced to resign as minister of state for home and urban local bodies in Haryana in the face of public outcry over Geetika`s suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch