Geetika suicide: Kanda`s bail plea rejected
New Delhi: Former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, accused of abetting the suicide of his employee and former flight attendant Geetika Sharma, was denied bail by a Delhi court on Thursday.
District and Additional Sessions Judge SK Sarvaria dismissed the bail application of Kanda as the police opposed it. The application was moved Wednesday.
Kanda and his employee Aruna Chaddha, a former official of the defunct MDLR Airlines where Geetika had worked, are in judicial custody till Sep 25.
The former Haryana minister, who owned the airlines, was arrested Aug 18 and Chaddha was taken into custody Aug 8.
Geetika, 23, died on the night of Aug 4-5 at her house in Delhi`s Ashok Vihar area.
Her two suicide notes named Kanda and Chaddha for harassing her and driving her to suicide. Both have denied the allegations.
Kanda was forced to resign as minister of state for home and urban local bodies in Haryana in the face of public outcry over Geetika`s suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown