Girl killed in celebratory firing, Cong leader booked
Sonipat: A teenage girl, who was shot at during celebratory firing at a marriage here, died in a hospital in Rohtak on Saturday.
A local Congress leader and eight others have been booked for the incident that happened yesterday, said police, adding that they are yet to be arrested.
The deceased, Shalu (13) was injured when bullets fired during a marriage procession at Garh Mirkapur village in the district accidentally hit her, police said today.
Dilawar (15), who was also injured in the firings, is in a serious condition at a hospital in Delhi.
The victims were part of the marriage procession coming from Khedi Manajat village and going to the house of Shyam Singh in Garh Mirkapur village to wed his two daughters, SHO of Rai, Sultan Singh said.
While the procession was moving, a guest fired celebratory shots in the air, which accidentally hit Shalu in the neck and Dilawar in the chest, Singh said.
The two were rushed to a hospital in Sonipat, from where they were referred to the PGI in Rohtak, he added. Shalu died at Rohtak today while Dilawar has been shifted to Jaipur Golden Hospital in Delhi, where his condition is critical.
Shalu`s maternal uncle Pawan, lodged a complaint with the police against the youth wing chief of Khedi village Congress Sunil, his brother Rakesh, maternal uncle Jaibeer, one Devendra Sharma and five others, Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head