Girl killed in celebratory firing, Cong leader booked
Sonipat: A teenage girl, who was shot at during celebratory firing at a marriage here, died in a hospital in Rohtak on Saturday.
A local Congress leader and eight others have been booked for the incident that happened yesterday, said police, adding that they are yet to be arrested.
The deceased, Shalu (13) was injured when bullets fired during a marriage procession at Garh Mirkapur village in the district accidentally hit her, police said today.
Dilawar (15), who was also injured in the firings, is in a serious condition at a hospital in Delhi.
The victims were part of the marriage procession coming from Khedi Manajat village and going to the house of Shyam Singh in Garh Mirkapur village to wed his two daughters, SHO of Rai, Sultan Singh said.
While the procession was moving, a guest fired celebratory shots in the air, which accidentally hit Shalu in the neck and Dilawar in the chest, Singh said.
The two were rushed to a hospital in Sonipat, from where they were referred to the PGI in Rohtak, he added. Shalu died at Rohtak today while Dilawar has been shifted to Jaipur Golden Hospital in Delhi, where his condition is critical.
Shalu`s maternal uncle Pawan, lodged a complaint with the police against the youth wing chief of Khedi village Congress Sunil, his brother Rakesh, maternal uncle Jaibeer, one Devendra Sharma and five others, Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why