Girl killed in celebratory firing, Cong leader booked
Sonipat: A teenage girl, who was shot at during celebratory firing at a marriage here, died in a hospital in Rohtak on Saturday.
A local Congress leader and eight others have been booked for the incident that happened yesterday, said police, adding that they are yet to be arrested.
The deceased, Shalu (13) was injured when bullets fired during a marriage procession at Garh Mirkapur village in the district accidentally hit her, police said today.
Dilawar (15), who was also injured in the firings, is in a serious condition at a hospital in Delhi.
The victims were part of the marriage procession coming from Khedi Manajat village and going to the house of Shyam Singh in Garh Mirkapur village to wed his two daughters, SHO of Rai, Sultan Singh said.
While the procession was moving, a guest fired celebratory shots in the air, which accidentally hit Shalu in the neck and Dilawar in the chest, Singh said.
The two were rushed to a hospital in Sonipat, from where they were referred to the PGI in Rohtak, he added. Shalu died at Rohtak today while Dilawar has been shifted to Jaipur Golden Hospital in Delhi, where his condition is critical.
Shalu`s maternal uncle Pawan, lodged a complaint with the police against the youth wing chief of Khedi village Congress Sunil, his brother Rakesh, maternal uncle Jaibeer, one Devendra Sharma and five others, Singh added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed