Girl says nobody forced her to marry a Dalit boy
Dharmapuri (Tamil Nadu): A caste-Hindu girl, whose father committed suicide after her marriage with a Dalit boy, which resulted in violence here earlier this month, told a local court that nobody had forced her for the wedding and she did not want to join with her mother.
Her mother had two days ago filed a police complaint that her daughter was kidnapped and forced to marry the boy.
She had alleged that the family members of the boy along with others had kidnapped her daughter and arranged for the marriage.
The girl appeared before the Krishnapuram police station on Thursday.
The police produced her before a Judical Magistrate Court, where she told that she has not been kidnapped by anyone and forced to marry as alleged by her mother.
She also told the court that she did not want to join again with her mother.
Caste Hindus had on November 7 torched more than 250 huts of Dalits after the girl`s father committed suicide over his daughter marrying a Dalit.
As the girl was not willing to stay with her mother, the Magistrate K Jothi told police to take her to a juvenile home and produce her before the court Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!