Girl says nobody forced her to marry a Dalit boy
Dharmapuri (Tamil Nadu): A caste-Hindu girl, whose father committed suicide after her marriage with a Dalit boy, which resulted in violence here earlier this month, told a local court that nobody had forced her for the wedding and she did not want to join with her mother.
Her mother had two days ago filed a police complaint that her daughter was kidnapped and forced to marry the boy.
She had alleged that the family members of the boy along with others had kidnapped her daughter and arranged for the marriage.
The girl appeared before the Krishnapuram police station on Thursday.
The police produced her before a Judical Magistrate Court, where she told that she has not been kidnapped by anyone and forced to marry as alleged by her mother.
She also told the court that she did not want to join again with her mother.
Caste Hindus had on November 7 torched more than 250 huts of Dalits after the girl`s father committed suicide over his daughter marrying a Dalit.
As the girl was not willing to stay with her mother, the Magistrate K Jothi told police to take her to a juvenile home and produce her before the court Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!