Girl says nobody forced her to marry a Dalit boy
Dharmapuri (Tamil Nadu): A caste-Hindu girl, whose father committed suicide after her marriage with a Dalit boy, which resulted in violence here earlier this month, told a local court that nobody had forced her for the wedding and she did not want to join with her mother.
Her mother had two days ago filed a police complaint that her daughter was kidnapped and forced to marry the boy.
She had alleged that the family members of the boy along with others had kidnapped her daughter and arranged for the marriage.
The girl appeared before the Krishnapuram police station on Thursday.
The police produced her before a Judical Magistrate Court, where she told that she has not been kidnapped by anyone and forced to marry as alleged by her mother.
She also told the court that she did not want to join again with her mother.
Caste Hindus had on November 7 torched more than 250 huts of Dalits after the girl`s father committed suicide over his daughter marrying a Dalit.
As the girl was not willing to stay with her mother, the Magistrate K Jothi told police to take her to a juvenile home and produce her before the court Friday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory