Girls fall ill; samples of vitamin `A` sent for laboratory testing
Sirsa (Haryana): Samples of Vitamin `A`
have been sent for laboratory testing after 150 girl students
of a government school in Kalanwali town near here fell ill
after being given the dose.
The condition of the 49 students, who were in a
critical condition after being given the dose Friday, was
now stable, Dr O P Hooda, Civil Surgeon, said here Saturday.
All the girl students of the Government Girls Senior
Secondary School at Kalanwali are responding to the treatment,
150 girls were taken ill after administration of
Vitamin `A` following which they were admitted to Kalanwali
Civil Dispensary from where they were referred to the Sirsa
Civil Hospital after their condition further deteriorated.
Additional Deputy Commissioner Pankaj Chaudhary, who
visited the school with health department officials, said that
an inquiry will be held in to the whole episode to know the
exact cause of the tragedy.
The expiry date on the Vitamin `A` was mentioned as
November 2010. The samples of the medicine have also been taken
for detailed laboratory testing after which further action
would be taken in the matter, officials said.
A team of two doctors, comprising Mamta and Gurjant
Singh, came to the Government Girls Senior Secondary School to
administer the dose.
School`s principal Sukhmandar Kaur said that after
administration of the vitamin, almost all the 152 students
of classes 6, 7 and 8 felt nausea, vomited and soon became
The incident comes close on the heels of four children
dying after being administered anti-measles vaccine during a
government immunisation drive in Mohanlalganj area in Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000