Gopal Kanda attends Haryana Assembly session after over a year
Chandigarh: Independent MLA and former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda, out on bail in connection with the air hostess suicide case, on Friday attended the monsoon session of Haryana Assembly here and said he would raise the issues of the people of his constituency in the House.
Kanda, who had last attended the Assembly`s budget session, arrived around 33 minutes after the House met in the afternoon here and had passed the obituary references.
At the time Kanda walked in, the House was witnessing noisy scenes between the ruling Congress and opposition INLD members.
The Sirsa legislator, who got bail from a Delhi Court yesterday, sat next to Congress MLA Savitri Jindal and the two had some conversation as the House witnessed verbal spat between the ruling and opposition members.
Speaker Kuldeep Sharma briefly adjourned the House amid the din, during which a number of Congress members greeted Kanda, who looked calm and shook hands with some of them.
Congress` Ram Kishen Fouji, who found himself at the centre of opposition`s allegations over a CD, also greeted Kanda.
Later, in a brief conversation with reporters here, Kanda said he would raise issues concerning people of his constituency.
"I will raise the issues of people of my constituency," he said, but refused to say anything on the suicide case, saying the matter was sub-judice.
Earlier, when asked to comment on BJP legislator Anil Vij`s assertion that Kanda had no right to sit inside the House when opposition INLD members and he (Vij) were suspended, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda told reporters that Kanda had got bail from the court.
"Moreover, he has got the bail for attending the Assembly session," Hooda said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!