Govt axes security of Naveen Jindal, Kuldeep Bishnoi
New Delhi: The Government has scaled down
the security of two more VIPs from a higher classification to
that of normal and the Union Home Ministry showed no signs of
relenting to pressures to politicians for providing security.
The security of MP Naveen Jindal and a former
Parliamentarian Kuldeep Bishnoi has been scaled down from Z
category (27 guards round the clock) to `X` category (one PSO
round the clock), official sources said.
The security of the two VIPs was discussed recently at a
high-level meeting in the Home Ministry after which it was
decided that there was no threat at all to the duo and that
the high security given to them could be withdrawn.
Jindal, a Congress MP, represents Kurukshetra constituency
in Haryana and Kuldeep Bishnoi is a former MP and son of known
politician Bhajan lal of Haryana Janhit Congress party.
Earlier, the Centre has scaled down the security of
several other VIPs including the Chairman of Schedule Castes
Commission Buta Singh.
In a related move, former External Affairs Minister
Natwar Singh has written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
seeking help after the Home Ministry withdrew his security.
His letter was forwarded to the ministry concerned, which
maintained that there was no threat and was not inclined
towards considering high-profile protection for the former
69-year-old Natwar Singh, whose name had surfaced in the
oil-for-food scam in Iraq in 2005 and was later expelled from
Congress, was taken off completely.
The security of Buta Singh, a former Union Home Minister,
has also been axed from Z-Plus to Z which includes withdrawal
of elite National Security Guards, the sources said.
Buta Singh`s name has cropped up in a controversy after
his son Sarabjot Singh was caught allegedly accepting bribe
from one person to settle his case in the SC Commission.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!