Govt axes security of Naveen Jindal, Kuldeep Bishnoi
New Delhi: The Government has scaled down
the security of two more VIPs from a higher classification to
that of normal and the Union Home Ministry showed no signs of
relenting to pressures to politicians for providing security.
The security of MP Naveen Jindal and a former
Parliamentarian Kuldeep Bishnoi has been scaled down from Z
category (27 guards round the clock) to `X` category (one PSO
round the clock), official sources said.
The security of the two VIPs was discussed recently at a
high-level meeting in the Home Ministry after which it was
decided that there was no threat at all to the duo and that
the high security given to them could be withdrawn.
Jindal, a Congress MP, represents Kurukshetra constituency
in Haryana and Kuldeep Bishnoi is a former MP and son of known
politician Bhajan lal of Haryana Janhit Congress party.
Earlier, the Centre has scaled down the security of
several other VIPs including the Chairman of Schedule Castes
Commission Buta Singh.
In a related move, former External Affairs Minister
Natwar Singh has written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
seeking help after the Home Ministry withdrew his security.
His letter was forwarded to the ministry concerned, which
maintained that there was no threat and was not inclined
towards considering high-profile protection for the former
69-year-old Natwar Singh, whose name had surfaced in the
oil-for-food scam in Iraq in 2005 and was later expelled from
Congress, was taken off completely.
The security of Buta Singh, a former Union Home Minister,
has also been axed from Z-Plus to Z which includes withdrawal
of elite National Security Guards, the sources said.
Buta Singh`s name has cropped up in a controversy after
his son Sarabjot Singh was caught allegedly accepting bribe
from one person to settle his case in the SC Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal