Govt axes security of Naveen Jindal, Kuldeep Bishnoi
New Delhi: The Government has scaled down
the security of two more VIPs from a higher classification to
that of normal and the Union Home Ministry showed no signs of
relenting to pressures to politicians for providing security.
The security of MP Naveen Jindal and a former
Parliamentarian Kuldeep Bishnoi has been scaled down from Z
category (27 guards round the clock) to `X` category (one PSO
round the clock), official sources said.
The security of the two VIPs was discussed recently at a
high-level meeting in the Home Ministry after which it was
decided that there was no threat at all to the duo and that
the high security given to them could be withdrawn.
Jindal, a Congress MP, represents Kurukshetra constituency
in Haryana and Kuldeep Bishnoi is a former MP and son of known
politician Bhajan lal of Haryana Janhit Congress party.
Earlier, the Centre has scaled down the security of
several other VIPs including the Chairman of Schedule Castes
Commission Buta Singh.
In a related move, former External Affairs Minister
Natwar Singh has written to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
seeking help after the Home Ministry withdrew his security.
His letter was forwarded to the ministry concerned, which
maintained that there was no threat and was not inclined
towards considering high-profile protection for the former
69-year-old Natwar Singh, whose name had surfaced in the
oil-for-food scam in Iraq in 2005 and was later expelled from
Congress, was taken off completely.
The security of Buta Singh, a former Union Home Minister,
has also been axed from Z-Plus to Z which includes withdrawal
of elite National Security Guards, the sources said.
Buta Singh`s name has cropped up in a controversy after
his son Sarabjot Singh was caught allegedly accepting bribe
from one person to settle his case in the SC Commission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe