Ground reality still in favour of Congress: Hooda
Chandigarh: In an oblique reference to Arvind Kejriwal`s charges against his government, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Saturday said no matter how much "false propaganda" was being done, the ground reality was still in favour of Congress.
Hooda cautioned people against "such forces that have emerged in the country."
"Politics of character assassination and conspiracy is being done to weaken the Congress party, as it is the only party of all sections of the society and everyone knows that the whole country would become weak with the weakening of the Congress party," Hooda said at a meeting of party workers at his residence here today.
The meeting was held to chalk out strategy for the success of the November 4 Congress rally at Ram Lila Ground in New Delhi.
Terming the Delhi rally as special, Hooda asked the party cadres to participate in the rally in a large number.
"This rally would further strengthen the country and reflect that we are united and no one can divide us," he said.
Without naming anyone, Hooda said no matter how much false propaganda was being done, the "ground reality was still in favour of the Congress."
Congress has won the last two General and Assembly Elections in Haryana, he said.
"After the formation of Congress government in Haryana in 2005, ten bye-elections were held for various seats of State Assembly and Lok Sabha. Except for one seat of Ellenabad, the main opposition party in Haryana, the INLD, lost all other seats," the chief minister said.
The Congress party wrested even the Ratia Assembly seat from INLD, which the Congress party had not won in last 30 years," Hooda said.
"It is the duty of all of us to defeat the conspiracies being hatched in the country. Today, it is not a question of party, but of whole country and it is the people who have to decide," he said.
Since Sonia Gandhi took over the command of Congress, the party has been further strengthened, claimed Hooda.
Hooda said that in Haryana, Congress party has formed government for two consecutive terms and Congress would again come to power for third time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row