Gurgaon: 137 died in road mishaps on NH-8 in 2011
Gurgaon: With 137 deaths in 10 months, the
50-km stretch of National Highway 8 in Gurgaon is earning the
dubious distinction of being an ill-fated route.
137 people died and 210 were injured in 263 road
accidents on this stretch up to October 31 this year, while a
total of 367 people died in the district during the same
period, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Traffic) Bharti Arora
said on Thursday.
Nearly 40 per cent accidents had occurred on this 50-km
stretch of NH-8 falling in Gurgaon, Arora said.
She said 326 people lost lives and 657 were seriously
injured in 308 fatal road accidents in Gurgaon district till
Yesterday`s accident in which 10 people lost their lives
also occurred on the same stretch due to the carelessness of a
truck driver who had parked the vehicle on the road, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement