Gurgaon boy dies after falling into open sewer
Gurgaon: Close on the heels of the death of four-year-old girl Mahi who fell into a borewell, a five-year-old boy on Thursday night fell to his death in an open sewerage line near Industrial Model Township.
According to Sub Divisional Magistrate Satender Duhan, Sumit accidentally fell in the open sewerage line at about 9 PM.
Rain had made the ground slippery and a lot of water had accummulated in the sewarage line, the SDM said.
Police took out the child`s body after an hour`s struggle, Duhan said.
Sumit was taken to ESI hospital, Manesar, where he was declared dead, he said.
Gurgaon Deputy Commissioner P C Meena ordered an inquiry to be conducted by SDM into the incident.
On June 21, Mahi, who was playing with friends, fell into
a 60-feet deep borewell at Kho village in Manesar and died three days later after efforts by army personnel to rescue her failed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon