Gurgaon boy dies after falling into open sewer
Gurgaon: Close on the heels of the death of four-year-old girl Mahi who fell into a borewell, a five-year-old boy on Thursday night fell to his death in an open sewerage line near Industrial Model Township.
According to Sub Divisional Magistrate Satender Duhan, Sumit accidentally fell in the open sewerage line at about 9 PM.
Rain had made the ground slippery and a lot of water had accummulated in the sewarage line, the SDM said.
Police took out the child`s body after an hour`s struggle, Duhan said.
Sumit was taken to ESI hospital, Manesar, where he was declared dead, he said.
Gurgaon Deputy Commissioner P C Meena ordered an inquiry to be conducted by SDM into the incident.
On June 21, Mahi, who was playing with friends, fell into
a 60-feet deep borewell at Kho village in Manesar and died three days later after efforts by army personnel to rescue her failed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL