Gurgaon firm executive found dead in Delhi hotel
New Delhi: A 47-year-old senior executive of a Gurgaon-based private firm was found dead under mysterious circumstances at a guest house here, police said Sunday.
The incident came to light around 7.30 pm Saturday when the staff of the Kaka guest house in Paharganj area of central Delhi went to ask the victim Rajeev Kumar Dudeja if he would have dinner.
"Prima facie it seems a case of natural death. However, we are waiting for the autopsy report to ascertain the exact cause of death," a police official said.
Dudeja, a resident of Gurgaon, worked as a senior executive in a private company there. He was a divorcee and lived with his parents.
A police official said Dudeja had come to Delhi July 7 for some official work and was staying in the guest house alone.
"On Saturday evening, the hotel staff went to ask Dudeja about dinner. After repeated knocks on his room door, the staff failed to get a reply. They then informed police," said the official.
Dudeja`s body was found lying on the bed when his room door was broken down.
"As the door was locked from the inside, there is no any possibility of foul play. The footage from CCTV cameras installed at the guest house is being scrutinized to see if any suspicious person had come to meet the victim before his death," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?