Gurgaon: GPS devices installed in trash vans
Gurgaon: Trash vans deputed by Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon have been installed with GPS devices to ensure that the task of garbage disposal is carried out properly.
As part of the `Clean Gurgaon` initiative, MCG had allotted 73 vehicles in Gurgaon to provide door-to-door service for collecting garbage and disposing it at the city`s solid waste management plant at Bhandwari village.
The drivers, however, were not collecting garbage daily, the residents complained.
To deal with this problem, the MCG has installed Global Positioning System devices in all the trash vans which will help the department track their position and ensure that they cover all the areas daily.
"We are monitoring all the trash vans using the system. If any driver does not complete his round in the designated area, he will be fined Rs 2,000," Gurgaon Mayor Vimal Yadav told to a news agency
He also said that if any official or driver tries to tamper with the GPS unit, the cost of the device will be recovered from that person.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees