Gurgaon: GPS devices installed in trash vans
Gurgaon: Trash vans deputed by Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon have been installed with GPS devices to ensure that the task of garbage disposal is carried out properly.
As part of the `Clean Gurgaon` initiative, MCG had allotted 73 vehicles in Gurgaon to provide door-to-door service for collecting garbage and disposing it at the city`s solid waste management plant at Bhandwari village.
The drivers, however, were not collecting garbage daily, the residents complained.
To deal with this problem, the MCG has installed Global Positioning System devices in all the trash vans which will help the department track their position and ensure that they cover all the areas daily.
"We are monitoring all the trash vans using the system. If any driver does not complete his round in the designated area, he will be fined Rs 2,000," Gurgaon Mayor Vimal Yadav told to a news agency
He also said that if any official or driver tries to tamper with the GPS unit, the cost of the device will be recovered from that person.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!