Gurgaon: GPS devices installed in trash vans
Gurgaon: Trash vans deputed by Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon have been installed with GPS devices to ensure that the task of garbage disposal is carried out properly.
As part of the `Clean Gurgaon` initiative, MCG had allotted 73 vehicles in Gurgaon to provide door-to-door service for collecting garbage and disposing it at the city`s solid waste management plant at Bhandwari village.
The drivers, however, were not collecting garbage daily, the residents complained.
To deal with this problem, the MCG has installed Global Positioning System devices in all the trash vans which will help the department track their position and ensure that they cover all the areas daily.
"We are monitoring all the trash vans using the system. If any driver does not complete his round in the designated area, he will be fined Rs 2,000," Gurgaon Mayor Vimal Yadav told to a news agency
He also said that if any official or driver tries to tamper with the GPS unit, the cost of the device will be recovered from that person.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender