Gurgaon: GPS devices installed in trash vans
Gurgaon: Trash vans deputed by Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon have been installed with GPS devices to ensure that the task of garbage disposal is carried out properly.
As part of the `Clean Gurgaon` initiative, MCG had allotted 73 vehicles in Gurgaon to provide door-to-door service for collecting garbage and disposing it at the city`s solid waste management plant at Bhandwari village.
The drivers, however, were not collecting garbage daily, the residents complained.
To deal with this problem, the MCG has installed Global Positioning System devices in all the trash vans which will help the department track their position and ensure that they cover all the areas daily.
"We are monitoring all the trash vans using the system. If any driver does not complete his round in the designated area, he will be fined Rs 2,000," Gurgaon Mayor Vimal Yadav told to a news agency
He also said that if any official or driver tries to tamper with the GPS unit, the cost of the device will be recovered from that person.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- It's Marlon Samuels vs Virat Kohli: How two batting mainstays will decide the course of West Indies-India series
- I-T dept identifies 90 lakh high-value transactions without PAN; to seek details
- Capital flows out of China slowing: Beijing
- Sensex drops 205 points, worst single-day fall in a month
- Bribery case: Fresh probe ordered against former Kerala Minister AK Babu