`Gurgaon needs DJB-like water management body`
Gurgaon: Gurgaon needs a water management department similar to the Delhi Jal Board (DJB), Haryana Chief Secretary SC Choudhary said Saturday.
Choudhary, who met district administration officers and reviewed the availability of basic amenities in the city, stressed the proper use of water.
He pitched for Gurgaon having a separate water management department similar to the DJB, rather than the facility being managed by the Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon (MCG) and the Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) in their respective areas.
"When there is one authority for both water and sewage for the entire city, an organised plan can be put up and managed in a more efficient way," Choudhary said.
The chief secretary was informed that with the commissioning of a new water treatment plant at Chandu Budhera, 22 MGD (million gallons daily) additional drinking water has become available for the public.
On the closure of a solid waste management plant at Bandhwari, MCG Commissioner Parveen Kumar said many such plants can be set up for different localities.
The chief secretary said such plants should be built away from residential areas, should be walled and should have a green belt surrounding them so that the stench of garbage do not trouble people living in the adjoining areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...