Gurgaon, Panchkula, Faridabad to get radio cabs
Chandigarh: The Haryana government has approved the plying of radio cabs in Panchkula, Gurgaon and Faridabad towns of the state, a minister said on Monday.
"The state`s transport department will grant contract carriage permits to radio cabs in three towns. The cabs would operate within a radius of 50 km from these towns," state Transport Minister Om Parkash Jain said.
While Gurgaon and Faridabad are adjoining national capital Delhi, Panchkula is near the state capital Chandigarh.
Jain said that the minimum fleet size per operator would be five motor cabs for Panchkula and 20 cabs each for Gurgaon and Faridabad.
"The fleet could be expanded by obtaining permits in future as per the policy of the government from time to time. Motor cabs would be available 24 hours, seven days a week and unique number would be provided by each operator for operating the call centre which can be accessed by the customers," Jain said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals
- Online application process for NEET II from today. Check www.aipmt.nic.in