Gurgaon Police forms SIT to probe murder of CJM`s wife
Gurgaon: In the wake of mysterious death of the wife of a Chief Judicial Magistrate, Gurgaon Police has constituted a special investigation team, headed by an Assistant Commissioner of Police, to probe the case.
Gitanjali, 30, was found dead inside Police Lines with two bullet injuries yesterday. Police recovered the weapon from near the body.
While the CJM has claimed to the police that his wife had committed suicide, Gitanjali`s relative alleged that the CJM was telling a lie.
Deputy Commissioner of Police, West, Surender Pal said that a team of experts has visited the scene and the matter is being investigated keeping all options open.
The post mortem report, which was conducted today, has mentioned that one bullet hit her stomach while another bullet hit his chin and pierced though her head.
A third bullet was also fired which injured her neck minutely, said the DCP.
However, relatives of Gitanjali, gathered outside the post mortem office, told to the media that CJM Ravneet Garg was telling a lie that she had committed the suicide.
"How can a lady fire three rounds at herself," asked Amit Jindal and Rajiv Jindal, relatives of the deceased.
The revolver, recovered from the spot, has been seized by the police and its forensic report is being prepared to ascertain who used it.
"The report would also confirm whether bullets of the same revolver had resulted the death of Gitanjali or another revolver was used to commit the crime," the DCP said.
The SIT consists of five senior police officers-- two ACP rank officer (one lady ACP), two inspectors and one assistant sub inspector (ASI), the officer said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview