Gurgaon police to train women in physical security
Gurgaon: The Gurgaon police will give lessons in physical security to women participating in the spiritual camps organised here by Brahma Kumaris, an official said Saturday.
On the occasion of International Women`s Day Saturday, a women safety programme workshop was organised at the Gurgaon police commissioner`s office campus jointly by police, Brahma Kumaris and several NGOs.
The participants discussed the methods of physical, mental and spiritual security for women in society.
"We make people spiritually strong to protect themselves from evils. Our habits built up with our thoughts and people with positive thoughts can play a good role in forming a better society," said Palam Vihar Brahma Kumaris centre director BK Urmil.
Police Commissioner Alok Mittal said police and centres like Brahma Kumaris can do much for the empowerment of women.
"We provide physical security for women and make them aware of their legal rights while Brahma Kumaris make people spiritually strong. A special police team will teach physical security to women at camps organised by the spiritual body in future," Mittal said.
The camps will be held in the industrial sectors, rural and urban areas, colleges and schools.
Police will carry out this exercise for the next six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NEET: What does signing of ordinance really mean for medical aspirants - Know here in 3 points
- Ever heard of banana tea? Watch why it is great for your sleep!
- Five things you must know about schizophrenia!
- Govt announces 13 winners of Fast track Smart City competition; Lucknow tops list
- CBSE result 2016 Class 10 to be declared on May 27. Check www.cbse.nic.in, www.cbseresults.nic.in