Gurgaon police to train women in physical security
Gurgaon: The Gurgaon police will give lessons in physical security to women participating in the spiritual camps organised here by Brahma Kumaris, an official said Saturday.
On the occasion of International Women`s Day Saturday, a women safety programme workshop was organised at the Gurgaon police commissioner`s office campus jointly by police, Brahma Kumaris and several NGOs.
The participants discussed the methods of physical, mental and spiritual security for women in society.
"We make people spiritually strong to protect themselves from evils. Our habits built up with our thoughts and people with positive thoughts can play a good role in forming a better society," said Palam Vihar Brahma Kumaris centre director BK Urmil.
Police Commissioner Alok Mittal said police and centres like Brahma Kumaris can do much for the empowerment of women.
"We provide physical security for women and make them aware of their legal rights while Brahma Kumaris make people spiritually strong. A special police team will teach physical security to women at camps organised by the spiritual body in future," Mittal said.
The camps will be held in the industrial sectors, rural and urban areas, colleges and schools.
Police will carry out this exercise for the next six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31