Gurgaon shamed: 23-year-old gang-raped, one held
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi/Gurgaon: In yet another shameful incident highlighting the rising concerns over safety of women in metros, a 23-year-old girl from Delhi was allegedly gang-raped by two men in a car near Gurgaon, reports said on Wednesday.
According to police sources, the incident took place on Monday.
The two accused, who are property dealers, were known to the victim.
The victim was gang-raped shortly after she boarded their car outside a mall in Gurgaon. She was taken to an isolated place on the Mahipalpur-Palwal Road where the two men took turns to rape her.
The victim later filed a police complaint based on which the Gurgaon police on Tuesday nabbed one of the accused.
The medical examination of the woman has also confirmed that she was raped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr