Gurgaon shamed: 23-year-old gang-raped, one held
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi/Gurgaon: In yet another shameful incident highlighting the rising concerns over safety of women in metros, a 23-year-old girl from Delhi was allegedly gang-raped by two men in a car near Gurgaon, reports said on Wednesday.
According to police sources, the incident took place on Monday.
The two accused, who are property dealers, were known to the victim.
The victim was gang-raped shortly after she boarded their car outside a mall in Gurgaon. She was taken to an isolated place on the Mahipalpur-Palwal Road where the two men took turns to rape her.
The victim later filed a police complaint based on which the Gurgaon police on Tuesday nabbed one of the accused.
The medical examination of the woman has also confirmed that she was raped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming