Gurgaon shamed: 23-year-old gang-raped, one held
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi/Gurgaon: In yet another shameful incident highlighting the rising concerns over safety of women in metros, a 23-year-old girl from Delhi was allegedly gang-raped by two men in a car near Gurgaon, reports said on Wednesday.
According to police sources, the incident took place on Monday.
The two accused, who are property dealers, were known to the victim.
The victim was gang-raped shortly after she boarded their car outside a mall in Gurgaon. She was taken to an isolated place on the Mahipalpur-Palwal Road where the two men took turns to rape her.
The victim later filed a police complaint based on which the Gurgaon police on Tuesday nabbed one of the accused.
The medical examination of the woman has also confirmed that she was raped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali