Gurgaon shamed: 23-year-old gang-raped, one held
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi/Gurgaon: In yet another shameful incident highlighting the rising concerns over safety of women in metros, a 23-year-old girl from Delhi was allegedly gang-raped by two men in a car near Gurgaon, reports said on Wednesday.
According to police sources, the incident took place on Monday.
The two accused, who are property dealers, were known to the victim.
The victim was gang-raped shortly after she boarded their car outside a mall in Gurgaon. She was taken to an isolated place on the Mahipalpur-Palwal Road where the two men took turns to rape her.
The victim later filed a police complaint based on which the Gurgaon police on Tuesday nabbed one of the accused.
The medical examination of the woman has also confirmed that she was raped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family