Gurgaon shamed: 23-year-old gang-raped, one held
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi/Gurgaon: In yet another shameful incident highlighting the rising concerns over safety of women in metros, a 23-year-old girl from Delhi was allegedly gang-raped by two men in a car near Gurgaon, reports said on Wednesday.
According to police sources, the incident took place on Monday.
The two accused, who are property dealers, were known to the victim.
The victim was gang-raped shortly after she boarded their car outside a mall in Gurgaon. She was taken to an isolated place on the Mahipalpur-Palwal Road where the two men took turns to rape her.
The victim later filed a police complaint based on which the Gurgaon police on Tuesday nabbed one of the accused.
The medical examination of the woman has also confirmed that she was raped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB