Gurgoan CJM Ravneet Garg questioned over wife`s murder
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The chief judicial magistrate (CJM) of Gurgaon, Ravneet Garg, was on Saturday questioned over the murder of his wife.
The bullet-ridden body of Gitanjali Garg was found in the parade ground of police lines. The family of the deceased in the FIR has alleged that Geetanjali was killed. The family has also asked for a CBI probe in the matter.
The family has alleged that Gitanjali was under pressure to give birth to a male child. She had given birth to two girls earlier.
According to DCP (west), Surender Pal, the body of Gitanjali, aged around 30, was found with two bullet injury marks. Police also recovered a weapon from near the body.
The DCP said that the weapon belongs to the deceased`s family with confirmation of the same having been received from the chief judicial magistrate himself.
Meanwhile, the Gurgaon Police has constituted a special investigation team, headed by an Assistant Commissioner of Police, to probe the case.
The CJM has claimed to the police that his wife had committed suicide. Surender Pal said that a team of experts has visited the scene and the matter is being investigated keeping all options open.
The post mortem report has mentioned that one bullet hit her stomach while another bullet hit his chin and pierced though her head.
A third bullet was also fired which injured her neck minutely, said the DCP.
The SIT consists of five senior police officers-- two ACP rank officer (one lady ACP), two inspectors and one assistant sub inspector (ASI), the officer said.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter