Gutka, pan masala seized from Narnaul
Chandigarh: In a joint operation, Haryana Health Department and Food and Drug Administration seized a huge quantity of gutka and pan masala from different markets of Narnaul city on Thursday.
A spokesman of Health Department said the central government has implemented Food Safety and Standards Act-2006 under which selling and keeping of such items was declared a punishable offence.
Haryana government has also prohibited manufacture, storage, sale and distribution of gutka and pan masala containing tobacco or nicotine as ingredients, since August 15.
He said the team conducted raids in different parts of the city including Azad Chowk, Mahavir Chowk and Manav Chowk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- She's a bae! Priyanka Chopra to get special poster for 'Baywatch'
- Foreign Investors buoyed by Indian investment: USIBC to Obama