Gutka, pan masala seized from Narnaul
Chandigarh: In a joint operation, Haryana Health Department and Food and Drug Administration seized a huge quantity of gutka and pan masala from different markets of Narnaul city on Thursday.
A spokesman of Health Department said the central government has implemented Food Safety and Standards Act-2006 under which selling and keeping of such items was declared a punishable offence.
Haryana government has also prohibited manufacture, storage, sale and distribution of gutka and pan masala containing tobacco or nicotine as ingredients, since August 15.
He said the team conducted raids in different parts of the city including Azad Chowk, Mahavir Chowk and Manav Chowk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?