Gutka, pan masala seized from Narnaul
Chandigarh: In a joint operation, Haryana Health Department and Food and Drug Administration seized a huge quantity of gutka and pan masala from different markets of Narnaul city on Thursday.
A spokesman of Health Department said the central government has implemented Food Safety and Standards Act-2006 under which selling and keeping of such items was declared a punishable offence.
Haryana government has also prohibited manufacture, storage, sale and distribution of gutka and pan masala containing tobacco or nicotine as ingredients, since August 15.
He said the team conducted raids in different parts of the city including Azad Chowk, Mahavir Chowk and Manav Chowk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No more Railway Budget! Niti Aayog panel terms it as 'failed' exercise
- Ileana D'Cruz raises the mercury by donning a scorching monokini! – Pic inside
- One worker killed in explosion at pharma unit in Visakhapatnam
- Kapil Sharma meets fan battling cancer - The comedian's gesture will win your heart
- Rio Games: Russia faces ban from Olympic weightlifting over doping offences