Har exempts SC, OBC students from paying exam fee
Chandigarh: The Haryana government today decided to exempt students belonging to the SC and OBC community from paying examination fee while studying in government schools from Classes 1 to 12.
A decision to this effect was taken in a review meeting of Education Department chaired by Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda here.
Hooda also directed the finance department to make necessary arrangements for compensating the Haryana School Education Board.
On this occasion, the chief minister said Right to Education Act is being implemented in an efficient manner in the state and the government is committed to provide free and compulsory education to children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city