Har: Govt official in vigilance net
Jind: A state government official was caught
red-handed by a team of vigilance officials allegedly accepting bribe from a customer in return for providing him
relief in penalty amount.
Randhir Singh, a Commercial Assistant with the Uttar
Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam, was nabbed yesterday by the team
while accepting a sum of Rs one lakh from a customer Ramanand
for providing relief in the penalty by making changes in the
Ramanand was found consuming more electricity than the
alloted load in a departmental audit and was facing a penalty
of around Rs six lakh.
A case under the Prevention of Corruption Act has been
registered against Randhir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Europe presses Britain for quick exit to limit global fallout
- Brain dead driver gives new lease of life to seven people
- Al Qaeda praises Orlando gunman; asks jihadists to target white Americans instead of gays
- Mauritius woos Indian investors
- Durga Puja forces BCCI to revise India-New Zealand Test series itinerary