Har: Govt official in vigilance net
Jind: A state government official was caught
red-handed by a team of vigilance officials allegedly accepting bribe from a customer in return for providing him
relief in penalty amount.
Randhir Singh, a Commercial Assistant with the Uttar
Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam, was nabbed yesterday by the team
while accepting a sum of Rs one lakh from a customer Ramanand
for providing relief in the penalty by making changes in the
Ramanand was found consuming more electricity than the
alloted load in a departmental audit and was facing a penalty
of around Rs six lakh.
A case under the Prevention of Corruption Act has been
registered against Randhir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- US-backed Syria rebels unleash offensive against IS capital
- New `Phobia` poster will blow your mind!
- Watch: Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast' teaser trailer will leave you wanting more
- It's out! Kangana, Shahid and Saif Ali Khan's 'Rangoon' release date set!
- Indian Premier League 9, Qualifier 1: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Gujarat Lions - As it happened...