Har: Govt official in vigilance net
Jind: A state government official was caught
red-handed by a team of vigilance officials allegedly accepting bribe from a customer in return for providing him
relief in penalty amount.
Randhir Singh, a Commercial Assistant with the Uttar
Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam, was nabbed yesterday by the team
while accepting a sum of Rs one lakh from a customer Ramanand
for providing relief in the penalty by making changes in the
Ramanand was found consuming more electricity than the
alloted load in a departmental audit and was facing a penalty
of around Rs six lakh.
A case under the Prevention of Corruption Act has been
registered against Randhir.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III