Harassed Dalit teenager sets herself afire, dies
Chandigarh: Harassed by two youth, a teenaged Dalit girl on Sunday set herself on fire in Haryana`s Kalayat town, and died on the way to hospital, police said.
The victim was being taken to the Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) here from the village, 130 km from here, when she succumbed to her injuries.
Police sources said that the victim was upset as she was being troubled by two youth in recent months. She even complained to her father about it and he spoke to the youths, but they continued to harass her.
Police officials said that the matter was being investigated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Day after 30 cows found dead, police chalks out plan to prevent smuggling
- Mathura violence: Two security staff of Ram Vriksh Yadav arrested
- 'Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP government wasting public money for image makeover'
- Kiran Bedi seeks banks' help for 'prosperous' Puducherry
- Now, helmet compulsory for pillion riders in Uttar Pradesh