Harassed Dalit teenager sets herself afire, dies
Chandigarh: Harassed by two youth, a teenaged Dalit girl on Sunday set herself on fire in Haryana`s Kalayat town, and died on the way to hospital, police said.
The victim was being taken to the Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) here from the village, 130 km from here, when she succumbed to her injuries.
Police sources said that the victim was upset as she was being troubled by two youth in recent months. She even complained to her father about it and he spoke to the youths, but they continued to harass her.
Police officials said that the matter was being investigated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown