Hardcore criminals will not get parole for 5 yrs in Haryana
Gurgaon: Hardcore criminals lodged in jails in Haryana would not get parole for first five years and a proposal to amend the existing rules for this has been forwarded to the state government, Director General of Police Ranjiv Dalal said on Thursday.
The Director General of Police was replying to questions of media persons after laying the foundation stone of Rs 30- crore office building of Police Commissioner in Gurgaon.
He said it had been observed that many a time the prisoners go out on parole, commit crimes and escape.
Therefore, there is a plan to amend Haryana Prisoners Good Conduct Act to check such incidents.
He said the issue has already been discussed with the Home Secretary.
He said it had also been observed that in case of a death of a family member of a prisoner, the prisoner gets parole and goes out of prison.
Relevant rules would also be amended, as a result of which a police team would accompany the prisoners when they go out and return to the prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!