Hardcore criminals will not get parole for 5 yrs in Haryana
Gurgaon: Hardcore criminals lodged in jails in Haryana would not get parole for first five years and a proposal to amend the existing rules for this has been forwarded to the state government, Director General of Police Ranjiv Dalal said on Thursday.
The Director General of Police was replying to questions of media persons after laying the foundation stone of Rs 30- crore office building of Police Commissioner in Gurgaon.
He said it had been observed that many a time the prisoners go out on parole, commit crimes and escape.
Therefore, there is a plan to amend Haryana Prisoners Good Conduct Act to check such incidents.
He said the issue has already been discussed with the Home Secretary.
He said it had also been observed that in case of a death of a family member of a prisoner, the prisoner gets parole and goes out of prison.
Relevant rules would also be amended, as a result of which a police team would accompany the prisoners when they go out and return to the prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam