Haryana: 10 get life in prison for murder
Ambala: A local court on Monday awarded life imprisonment to ten persons in a three year old murder case.
The court of Additional Sessions Judge, Ambala, Vimlesh Tanwar also imposed a fine of Rs 5000 each on all the convicts.
Those sentenced to life term include Himanshu, Gulshan, Nirmal, Naresh, Kala, Rinku, Jeewan, Mandeep, Sanjiv and Chaman Lal. Most of the convicts are the residents of adjoining villages of Naraingarh in Ambala.
On June 10, 2009, when Vikas (18) came out from the polytechnic after attending class, he was attacked by some persons near the main gate, said prosecution.
The assailants were carrying iron rods and lathis. Vikas sustained serious injuries on the lower part of his abdomen. He was rushed to civil hospital at Naraingarh where he was declared as brought dead.
On the complaint of the deceased`s uncle the police had registered a murder case against 10 persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!