Haryana: 10 get life in prison for murder
Ambala: A local court on Monday awarded life imprisonment to ten persons in a three year old murder case.
The court of Additional Sessions Judge, Ambala, Vimlesh Tanwar also imposed a fine of Rs 5000 each on all the convicts.
Those sentenced to life term include Himanshu, Gulshan, Nirmal, Naresh, Kala, Rinku, Jeewan, Mandeep, Sanjiv and Chaman Lal. Most of the convicts are the residents of adjoining villages of Naraingarh in Ambala.
On June 10, 2009, when Vikas (18) came out from the polytechnic after attending class, he was attacked by some persons near the main gate, said prosecution.
The assailants were carrying iron rods and lathis. Vikas sustained serious injuries on the lower part of his abdomen. He was rushed to civil hospital at Naraingarh where he was declared as brought dead.
On the complaint of the deceased`s uncle the police had registered a murder case against 10 persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon