Haryana: 30-year-old married woman raped
Rohtak: In yet another incident of crime against women in Haryana, a 30-year-old married woman was allegedly raped in Lakhan Majra village under Meham sub-division in Rohtak, police said.
Though the crime was committed on October 13 night, the victim lodged a complaint with the police in this regard on Tuesday.
The alleged rapists are close relatives of the victim`s husband.
The police registered a case of rape under Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) against two youths and also arrested them.
According to the complaint lodged with the police, the accused, identified as Raj Kumar and Subhash, had forcibly taken the victim to the fields on the outskirt of the village on a motor-bike on October 13 night where the duo allegedly raped her.
After a couple of days, the victim narrated the crime to her kin who later approached the police.
Rohtak SP Vivek Sharma reached Lakhan Majra village and questioned the victim and her family members about the incident.
Later, the police launched a search around the village and apprehended both the accused.
"Both the accused have been arrested and will be produced before a court tomorrow. The accused are also being interrogated to get further information about the crime," said the Rohtak SP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000