Haryana: 30-year-old married woman raped
Rohtak: In yet another incident of crime against women in Haryana, a 30-year-old married woman was allegedly raped in Lakhan Majra village under Meham sub-division in Rohtak, police said.
Though the crime was committed on October 13 night, the victim lodged a complaint with the police in this regard on Tuesday.
The alleged rapists are close relatives of the victim`s husband.
The police registered a case of rape under Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) against two youths and also arrested them.
According to the complaint lodged with the police, the accused, identified as Raj Kumar and Subhash, had forcibly taken the victim to the fields on the outskirt of the village on a motor-bike on October 13 night where the duo allegedly raped her.
After a couple of days, the victim narrated the crime to her kin who later approached the police.
Rohtak SP Vivek Sharma reached Lakhan Majra village and questioned the victim and her family members about the incident.
Later, the police launched a search around the village and apprehended both the accused.
"Both the accused have been arrested and will be produced before a court tomorrow. The accused are also being interrogated to get further information about the crime," said the Rohtak SP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016 Final: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs SunRisers Hyderabad — Possible XIs, Date, Time, Venue, TV Listing, Live Streaming
- Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji's 'Hum Tum' ticks 12 years!
- Not most fashionable but carry myself well: Fawad Khan
- FIs can obtain self-certification via internet banking: CBDT
- Tata Communications Q4 net loss widens to Rs 205 crore