Haryana Anganwadi workers to be covered under health insurance
Chandigarh: The Haryana Government today said that Anganwadi workers in the state would be covered under the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojna (RSBY) in a phased manner during the current financial year.
Presiding over a meeting with representatives of state Anganwadi Workers and Helpers` Union here, Haryana Women and Child Development Minister Geeta Bhukkal said that as many as six districts would be covered under the RSBY in the first phase during the year 2012-13.
"Under the scheme, health insurance would be provided to Anganwadi workers and entire premium amount would be borne by the government. A smart card would be issued to the eligible beneficiary that would be valid for the entire family. Cashless health care services would be provided to all family members under the scheme," she said.
Describing Anganwadi workers and Anganwadi helpers as the backbone of Integrated Child Development Services Scheme, the Minister exhorted them to work with utmost sincerity and dedication.
Bhukkal also directed officers to ensure regular LPG supply to the Anganwadi centres in the state.
She also sought centre wise information where complaints about inadequate or low supply of ration had been reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'