Haryana announces Rs 21 lakh for `little champ`
Chandigarh: A student from Haryana`s Mewat district who emerged as a runner-up in Zee TV`s singing reality show "Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L`il Champs" will be rewarded Rs 21 lakh by the state government, a spokesman said on Sunday.
"Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda has announced a reward of Rs 21 lakh for Salman Ali, who is one of the top contenders in the Little Champ programme, a reality show by Zee TV," the spokesman said here.
Azmat Hussain from Jaipur won the grand finale of the show in Surat in Gujarat Saturday night. Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan was present at the grand finale.
Hooda praised the performance of Salman as a singer and said he had brought laurels to the state. Salman is a student of Class 7 and hails from Punhana in Mewat district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Shravan 2016: Today is the first Somwar - Know what you need to do
- Eight dead, 20 missing in Malaysia boat accident
- Sandeep Yadav – Narsingh Yadav's roommate, also fails doping test
- KSRTC, BMTC strike begins today; two-day holiday for schools declared
- Dinosaur species may shed new light on megaraptorids