Haryana announces Rs 21 lakh for `little champ`
Chandigarh: A student from Haryana`s Mewat district who emerged as a runner-up in Zee TV`s singing reality show "Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L`il Champs" will be rewarded Rs 21 lakh by the state government, a spokesman said on Sunday.
"Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda has announced a reward of Rs 21 lakh for Salman Ali, who is one of the top contenders in the Little Champ programme, a reality show by Zee TV," the spokesman said here.
Azmat Hussain from Jaipur won the grand finale of the show in Surat in Gujarat Saturday night. Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan was present at the grand finale.
Hooda praised the performance of Salman as a singer and said he had brought laurels to the state. Salman is a student of Class 7 and hails from Punhana in Mewat district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire