Haryana announces Rs 21 lakh for `little champ`
Chandigarh: A student from Haryana`s Mewat district who emerged as a runner-up in Zee TV`s singing reality show "Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L`il Champs" will be rewarded Rs 21 lakh by the state government, a spokesman said on Sunday.
"Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda has announced a reward of Rs 21 lakh for Salman Ali, who is one of the top contenders in the Little Champ programme, a reality show by Zee TV," the spokesman said here.
Azmat Hussain from Jaipur won the grand finale of the show in Surat in Gujarat Saturday night. Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan was present at the grand finale.
Hooda praised the performance of Salman as a singer and said he had brought laurels to the state. Salman is a student of Class 7 and hails from Punhana in Mewat district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- When MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan got 'lift' from cops during visit to flood-hit areas; image goes viral - Pic inside
- Monsoon session of UP assembly from today; GST Bill likely to be ratified
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sachin Tendulkar all set to gift a swanky BMW to PV Sindhu for scripting history
- Four-day Delhi Assembly session to ratify GST Bill starts today
- Here's what kept Abhay Deol away from silver screen for two years!