Haryana announces Rs 21 lakh for `little champ`
Chandigarh: A student from Haryana`s Mewat district who emerged as a runner-up in Zee TV`s singing reality show "Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L`il Champs" will be rewarded Rs 21 lakh by the state government, a spokesman said on Sunday.
"Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda has announced a reward of Rs 21 lakh for Salman Ali, who is one of the top contenders in the Little Champ programme, a reality show by Zee TV," the spokesman said here.
Azmat Hussain from Jaipur won the grand finale of the show in Surat in Gujarat Saturday night. Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan was present at the grand finale.
Hooda praised the performance of Salman as a singer and said he had brought laurels to the state. Salman is a student of Class 7 and hails from Punhana in Mewat district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan