Haryana announces Rs 21 lakh for `little champ`
Chandigarh: A student from Haryana`s Mewat district who emerged as a runner-up in Zee TV`s singing reality show "Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L`il Champs" will be rewarded Rs 21 lakh by the state government, a spokesman said on Sunday.
"Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda has announced a reward of Rs 21 lakh for Salman Ali, who is one of the top contenders in the Little Champ programme, a reality show by Zee TV," the spokesman said here.
Azmat Hussain from Jaipur won the grand finale of the show in Surat in Gujarat Saturday night. Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan was present at the grand finale.
Hooda praised the performance of Salman as a singer and said he had brought laurels to the state. Salman is a student of Class 7 and hails from Punhana in Mewat district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Transit of Mercury, May 9, 2016: Where, when and how to watch in India!
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now
- IPL 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders' Yusuf Pathan slams Sunil Gavaskar for calling RCB's bowling line-up as 'popatwadi attack'
- Apple sees huge market potential in India: CEO Tim Cook
- Virat Kohli recommended for Khel Ratna by BCCI, Ajinkya Rahane for Arjuna Award