Haryana: Another baby girl abandoned
Rohtak: A newborn baby girl was left abandoned by her parents at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Science (PGIMS) here, the third such incident in Haryana this month.
The condition of the under-weight baby, who has been suffering from acute liver infection since her birth, is stated to be critical, officials said on Saturday.
According to PGIMS authorities, a woman, who gave her name as Ravi along with her husband had admitted the baby to the hospital on Thursday.
The same night the parents of the baby abandoned her at the respiratory intensive care unit.
"We had to register a First Information Report (FIR) with the police on Friday when the parents did not come back even after several hours," said a doctor, adding the baby was born premature and had been diagnosed with jaundice.
She is undergoing treatment at the respiratory intensive care unit (RICU)
This is the third such incident of parents abandoning their baby girls in Haryana.
On April 18, a four-day-old girl child was found abandoned near a dustbin in Udyog Vihar in Gurgaon by a three wheeler driver.
The baby’s cries attracted his attention as he was passing by the road. He halted and informed the police about the child.
The police reached the spot and took the custody of the child who was wrapped in a poly-bag and handed it over to the civil hospital.
Earlier on April 13, a couple abandoned their one-and-a-half year-old girl child at the Civil Hospital in Gurgaon.
The couple seemingly from a well to do family, left their girl with an old lady sitting in the compound of the Civil Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- 120 Taliban, ISIS militants killed in wide-scale operations by Afghan army, cops
- China, Pakistan launch first joint border patrols near Xinjiang
- Mamta Kulkarni breaks silence to rebuff drug racket reports, says glamour does not tantalize her anymore
- India stands with Bangladesh in its fight against terrorism: PM Narendra Modi to Sheikh Hasina
- It's Marlon Samuels vs Virat Kohli: How two batting mainstays will decide the course of West Indies-India series