Haryana: Another minor raped by 60-year-old
Fatehabad: In another addition to the spiralling cases of rapes in Haryana, a 13-year-old girl was allegedly raped by an elderly fruit seller in Ratia area here.
Police have arrested the vendor Sohan Lal.
According to the complaint lodged by mother of the girl, the accused had been raping her daughter during the school hours, police said.
The girl, a student of class six in a government school, was lured by the elderly man on the pretext of giving her fruits, police said.
The girl narrated the incident to her father yesterday.
The police have brought the victim and the accused to Fatehabad for medical examination.
The state has witnessed a spurt in cases of rapes during the last two months.
The government yesterday announced several steps to tackle the crime against woman, including a round-the-clock help line and increased patrolling by the police in rural areas.
Today, the special women helpline number 81466-93100 was installed in Police Control Room, Panchkula.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Odisha CM directs administration to be ready to tackle floods
- Austrian GP: Mercedes drier Nico Rosberg targets hat-trick on Sunday
- Govt will push GST bill passage in monsoon session: Naidu
- AAP legislator Dinesh Mohaniya, accused of sexually harassing woman, gets bail
- Salman Khan ‘raped woman’ remark controversy: Here's what Iulia Vantur advised the actor!