Haryana: Another minor raped by 60-year-old
Fatehabad: In another addition to the spiralling cases of rapes in Haryana, a 13-year-old girl was allegedly raped by an elderly fruit seller in Ratia area here.
Police have arrested the vendor Sohan Lal.
According to the complaint lodged by mother of the girl, the accused had been raping her daughter during the school hours, police said.
The girl, a student of class six in a government school, was lured by the elderly man on the pretext of giving her fruits, police said.
The girl narrated the incident to her father yesterday.
The police have brought the victim and the accused to Fatehabad for medical examination.
The state has witnessed a spurt in cases of rapes during the last two months.
The government yesterday announced several steps to tackle the crime against woman, including a round-the-clock help line and increased patrolling by the police in rural areas.
Today, the special women helpline number 81466-93100 was installed in Police Control Room, Panchkula.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?