Haryana Assembly adopts 3rd Privilege motion against Chautala
Chandigarh: The Haryana Assembly on Tuesday
adopted third breach of Privilege motion against Leader of
Opposition Om Prakash Chautala for "misleading and making a
false statement" in the House over the SEZ issue.
The motion was moved by ruling Congress member Aftab
Ahmed who charged Chautala with making false and incorrect
statement pertaining to the SEZ land.
"Chautala`s statement is patently untrue, incorrect and
false and has been made wilfully, deliberately and knowingly.
It is a clear cut case of breach of privilege," the MLA said.
Ahmed said the INLD chief while participating in the
discussion on budgetary estimates for 2010-11 in the House on
March 11 had stated that Reliance had been given 1500 acres of
government land at a cost of Rs 370 crore in the garb of
giving employment to locals, particularly when Haryana State
Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation (HSIIDC)
had acquired this land for the welfare of the people.
Chautala had further stated that four acres of land out
of this had been auctioned for Rs 290 crore, consequently
resulting into alleged loss to the exchequer.
"Reliance Haryana SEZ Limited has been given 1383.68
acres of land in December 2006. It has not been given 1500
acres as stated by Chautala...Also, not even an inch of this
acquired land of 1601 acres, for which award was announced on
January 27, 2006, has been auctioned by HSIIDC or by any other
legal or statutory body," Ahmed told the House on the last day
of the 12-day long budget session.
Chautala had also stated that land of farmers was
acquired in the name of SEZ and they were told that they will
be given bonus/annuity of Rs 10,000 per acre per year, but no
one got even a rupee.
Ahmed said annuity at the rate of Rs 30,000 per year for
SEZ land as per Relief and Rehabilitation Policy of Haryana
Government was being paid, while Reliance Haryana SEZ Ltd has
also paid an annuity of Rs 7.40 crore till date for the land
purchased by them directly from the farmers.
As Speaker H S Chatha started reading out the Motion
after the Question Hour, it sparked protests from INLD members
who raised slogans and staged a brief walkout.
Later, Speaker H S Chatha after the acceptance of the
motion by the House referred it to the Privileges Committee
and directed that the report be submitted during the first
sitting of the next session.
It was the third breach of Privilege motion against
Chautala. The House had yesterday and last week adopted the
motion against him for misleading and making false statement
in the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’