Haryana Assembly condoles death of school children in Punjab
Chandigarh: Haryana Assembly on Tuesday condoled the death of school children in an accident in Jalandhar district of Punjab.
The state Assembly passed an obituary resolution to condole the demise of the 12 school children in a road accident on the Jalandhar-Nakodar Highway yesterday and also observed a two-minutes silence.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Randeep Singh Surjewala moved the motion to condole the deaths.
Others who paid tributes include Speaker Kuldeep Sharma and MLAs Renuka Bishnoi (HJC-BL), Anil Vij (INLD) and Krishan Lal Pawar (INLD).
Twelve children were among 13 killed and eight other students injured when a truck collided with their school bus on the Jalandhar-Nakodar road yesterday morning.
The children were on their way to school when the mishap occurred near Jaheera village in Lambhra, close to Nakodar.
The driver of the school mini bus, which was carrying 24 students, was also killed in the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price