Haryana Assembly condoles death of school children in Punjab
Chandigarh: Haryana Assembly on Tuesday condoled the death of school children in an accident in Jalandhar district of Punjab.
The state Assembly passed an obituary resolution to condole the demise of the 12 school children in a road accident on the Jalandhar-Nakodar Highway yesterday and also observed a two-minutes silence.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Randeep Singh Surjewala moved the motion to condole the deaths.
Others who paid tributes include Speaker Kuldeep Sharma and MLAs Renuka Bishnoi (HJC-BL), Anil Vij (INLD) and Krishan Lal Pawar (INLD).
Twelve children were among 13 killed and eight other students injured when a truck collided with their school bus on the Jalandhar-Nakodar road yesterday morning.
The children were on their way to school when the mishap occurred near Jaheera village in Lambhra, close to Nakodar.
The driver of the school mini bus, which was carrying 24 students, was also killed in the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites