Haryana Assembly condoles death of school children in Punjab
Chandigarh: Haryana Assembly on Tuesday condoled the death of school children in an accident in Jalandhar district of Punjab.
The state Assembly passed an obituary resolution to condole the demise of the 12 school children in a road accident on the Jalandhar-Nakodar Highway yesterday and also observed a two-minutes silence.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Randeep Singh Surjewala moved the motion to condole the deaths.
Others who paid tributes include Speaker Kuldeep Sharma and MLAs Renuka Bishnoi (HJC-BL), Anil Vij (INLD) and Krishan Lal Pawar (INLD).
Twelve children were among 13 killed and eight other students injured when a truck collided with their school bus on the Jalandhar-Nakodar road yesterday morning.
The children were on their way to school when the mishap occurred near Jaheera village in Lambhra, close to Nakodar.
The driver of the school mini bus, which was carrying 24 students, was also killed in the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?