Haryana Assembly session from Feb 21
Chandigarh: The budget session of the Haryana Assembly will be held from February 21, an official spokesman of the government said on Wednesday.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the state cabinet presided by Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda here, the spokesman said, adding that the detailed agenda for the session would be announced later.
In other decisions, the cabinet decided to exempt payment of tax for vehicles carrying students under the HMVT Act, 2013, to reduce the burden on parents on their children`s transportation, the spokesman said, adding this would also improve the financial viability of such vehicles, he said.
The cabinet also approved the amendment in Section 3 of the Haryana State Legislature (Prevention of Disqualification) Act, 1974, for declaring the post of Political Advisor as a non-profit post.
The discretionary grant limits of the Chief Minister, Speaker and Deputy Speaker of Haryana Assembly, Cabinet Ministers, State Ministers and Chief Parliamentary Secretaries have been enhanced by Rs 50 lakh per year to expedite completion of pending development works, he said.
Now, after the enhancement, the discretionary grant limit of the Chief Minister would be Rs 22.5 crore per annum, the Speaker Rs 3.25 crore, the Deputy Speaker Rs 2.5 crore, cabinet ministers Rs 3.25 crore each, state ministers Rs 2.5 crore, and Chief Parliamentary Secretaries will get Rs 1.75 crore per annum respectively, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh