Haryana atomic plant to be set up
Chandigarh: Haryana`s first atomic power plant will be set up in an area of 1,503 acres in Fatehabad district.
The work for erecting a barbed wire fencing around the project site at Gorakhpur started on Monday, an official spokesman said today.
A concrete wall, costing Rs 18 crore, will be constructed around the site after completion of the barbed wire fencing.
The entire project will be spread over 18 sq km and will cover Gorakhpur, Badopal and Kajalhedi villages.
The project was mired in controversies over the last two years as farmers protested against land acquisition. There were also safety concerns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency