Haryana atomic plant to be set up
Chandigarh: Haryana`s first atomic power plant will be set up in an area of 1,503 acres in Fatehabad district.
The work for erecting a barbed wire fencing around the project site at Gorakhpur started on Monday, an official spokesman said today.
A concrete wall, costing Rs 18 crore, will be constructed around the site after completion of the barbed wire fencing.
The entire project will be spread over 18 sq km and will cover Gorakhpur, Badopal and Kajalhedi villages.
The project was mired in controversies over the last two years as farmers protested against land acquisition. There were also safety concerns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon