Haryana atomic plant to be set up
Chandigarh: Haryana`s first atomic power plant will be set up in an area of 1,503 acres in Fatehabad district.
The work for erecting a barbed wire fencing around the project site at Gorakhpur started on Monday, an official spokesman said today.
A concrete wall, costing Rs 18 crore, will be constructed around the site after completion of the barbed wire fencing.
The entire project will be spread over 18 sq km and will cover Gorakhpur, Badopal and Kajalhedi villages.
The project was mired in controversies over the last two years as farmers protested against land acquisition. There were also safety concerns.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai