Haryana atomic plant to be set up
Chandigarh: Haryana`s first atomic power plant will be set up in an area of 1,503 acres in Fatehabad district.
The work for erecting a barbed wire fencing around the project site at Gorakhpur started on Monday, an official spokesman said today.
A concrete wall, costing Rs 18 crore, will be constructed around the site after completion of the barbed wire fencing.
The entire project will be spread over 18 sq km and will cover Gorakhpur, Badopal and Kajalhedi villages.
The project was mired in controversies over the last two years as farmers protested against land acquisition. There were also safety concerns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'