Haryana atomic plant to be set up
Chandigarh: Haryana`s first atomic power plant will be set up in an area of 1,503 acres in Fatehabad district.
The work for erecting a barbed wire fencing around the project site at Gorakhpur started on Monday, an official spokesman said today.
A concrete wall, costing Rs 18 crore, will be constructed around the site after completion of the barbed wire fencing.
The entire project will be spread over 18 sq km and will cover Gorakhpur, Badopal and Kajalhedi villages.
The project was mired in controversies over the last two years as farmers protested against land acquisition. There were also safety concerns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital