Haryana bans Gutkha, Pan Masala, Zarda
Chandigarh: Haryana government on Friday banned manufacture, storage, distribution or sale of Gutkha, Pan Masala, Zarda (chewing tobacco) or other items with tobacco and nicotine content.
This was decided at a meeting of the Haryana cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
The ban will come into effect on August 15.
Hooda said the decision was taken because use of tobacco in any form could lead to cancer in the oral cavity, oesophagus and pancreas and cause other health problems like hypertension, myocardial infarction and cardiovascular diseases.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- AR Rahman's romantic ballads steal Delhi hearts