Haryana bans Gutkha, Pan Masala, Zarda
Chandigarh: Haryana government on Friday banned manufacture, storage, distribution or sale of Gutkha, Pan Masala, Zarda (chewing tobacco) or other items with tobacco and nicotine content.
This was decided at a meeting of the Haryana cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
The ban will come into effect on August 15.
Hooda said the decision was taken because use of tobacco in any form could lead to cancer in the oral cavity, oesophagus and pancreas and cause other health problems like hypertension, myocardial infarction and cardiovascular diseases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug