Haryana bans Gutkha, Pan Masala, Zarda
Chandigarh: Haryana government on Friday banned manufacture, storage, distribution or sale of Gutkha, Pan Masala, Zarda (chewing tobacco) or other items with tobacco and nicotine content.
This was decided at a meeting of the Haryana cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
The ban will come into effect on August 15.
Hooda said the decision was taken because use of tobacco in any form could lead to cancer in the oral cavity, oesophagus and pancreas and cause other health problems like hypertension, myocardial infarction and cardiovascular diseases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus