Haryana bans plastic carry bags and some other items
Chandigarh: Haryana on Thursday banned
manufacturing or selling of plastic carry bags and some other
"No person shall manufacture, stock, distribute, recycle,
sell or use plastic articles such as plates, cups, tumblers,
spoons, forks and straw in the state", said a spokesman in a
These articles have been banned by the government
after considering their adverse effects on the environment and
local ecology, he said.
It was found that plastic carry bags were littered
irresponsibly and had detrimental effect on environment.
Plastic carry bags also cause blockage of gutters,
sewerage system and drains, resulting in serious environmental
problems, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon