Haryana bans plastic carry bags and some other items
Chandigarh: Haryana on Thursday banned
manufacturing or selling of plastic carry bags and some other
"No person shall manufacture, stock, distribute, recycle,
sell or use plastic articles such as plates, cups, tumblers,
spoons, forks and straw in the state", said a spokesman in a
These articles have been banned by the government
after considering their adverse effects on the environment and
local ecology, he said.
It was found that plastic carry bags were littered
irresponsibly and had detrimental effect on environment.
Plastic carry bags also cause blockage of gutters,
sewerage system and drains, resulting in serious environmental
problems, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read