Haryana BJP seeks better rail connectivity to Hisar
New Delhi: Haryana BJP leader Abhimanyu today met Railway Minister D V Sadananda Gowda and sought the sanction of new rail corridor from Hisar to Chandigarh via Jind.
Terming Hisar an important educational and industrial centre of the state, having three universities, he said the city remained poorly connected and the corridor will fulfill a long-standing demand of people, a party statement said.
"Hisar is poorly connected with the rest of the country particularly through rail network. There is no rail connectivity towards east with the city of Jind.
"It creates hardship for the people leading to economic deprivation of the region and alienating people at large for contributing towards development of the nation," he was quoted saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'