Haryana BJP seeks better rail connectivity to Hisar
New Delhi: Haryana BJP leader Abhimanyu today met Railway Minister D V Sadananda Gowda and sought the sanction of new rail corridor from Hisar to Chandigarh via Jind.
Terming Hisar an important educational and industrial centre of the state, having three universities, he said the city remained poorly connected and the corridor will fulfill a long-standing demand of people, a party statement said.
"Hisar is poorly connected with the rest of the country particularly through rail network. There is no rail connectivity towards east with the city of Jind.
"It creates hardship for the people leading to economic deprivation of the region and alienating people at large for contributing towards development of the nation," he was quoted saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!