Haryana BJP seeks better rail connectivity to Hisar
New Delhi: Haryana BJP leader Abhimanyu today met Railway Minister D V Sadananda Gowda and sought the sanction of new rail corridor from Hisar to Chandigarh via Jind.
Terming Hisar an important educational and industrial centre of the state, having three universities, he said the city remained poorly connected and the corridor will fulfill a long-standing demand of people, a party statement said.
"Hisar is poorly connected with the rest of the country particularly through rail network. There is no rail connectivity towards east with the city of Jind.
"It creates hardship for the people leading to economic deprivation of the region and alienating people at large for contributing towards development of the nation," he was quoted saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read