Haryana BJP seeks better rail connectivity to Hisar
New Delhi: Haryana BJP leader Abhimanyu today met Railway Minister D V Sadananda Gowda and sought the sanction of new rail corridor from Hisar to Chandigarh via Jind.
Terming Hisar an important educational and industrial centre of the state, having three universities, he said the city remained poorly connected and the corridor will fulfill a long-standing demand of people, a party statement said.
"Hisar is poorly connected with the rest of the country particularly through rail network. There is no rail connectivity towards east with the city of Jind.
"It creates hardship for the people leading to economic deprivation of the region and alienating people at large for contributing towards development of the nation," he was quoted saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'