Haryana BJP workers lathicharged, three injured
Chandigarh: Three Haryana BJP workers were
today injured in police lathicharge when a group of party
activists tried to march towards Raj Bhavan during their
demonstration here against price rise and Centre`s alleged
failure to tackle the problem.
While senior BJP leaders from the state were holding a
protest demonstration at Sector 18 this afternoon against the
price rise, a group of party workers jumped over the police
barricades and tried to march towards the Raj Bhavan.
Police initially used water canons but resorted to
State BJP chief and MLA Krishan Pal Gujjar termed the
police action as "unprovoked" and said they had used force and
cane charge on their workers who were holding demonstration in
a "peaceful manner".
Senior leaders including former Union Minister I D
Swami, leader of the state BJP`s legislature group Anil Vij,
former MP Rattan Lal Kataria, Ram Bilas Sharma and Gian Chand
Gupta participated in the protest demonstration.
Nearly 100 workers including some leaders also courted
arrest and all of them were taken to Sector 26 police station
Gujjar said they had later submitted a memorandum to
the Governor on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues