Haryana BJP workers lathicharged, three injured
Chandigarh: Three Haryana BJP workers were
today injured in police lathicharge when a group of party
activists tried to march towards Raj Bhavan during their
demonstration here against price rise and Centre`s alleged
failure to tackle the problem.
While senior BJP leaders from the state were holding a
protest demonstration at Sector 18 this afternoon against the
price rise, a group of party workers jumped over the police
barricades and tried to march towards the Raj Bhavan.
Police initially used water canons but resorted to
State BJP chief and MLA Krishan Pal Gujjar termed the
police action as "unprovoked" and said they had used force and
cane charge on their workers who were holding demonstration in
a "peaceful manner".
Senior leaders including former Union Minister I D
Swami, leader of the state BJP`s legislature group Anil Vij,
former MP Rattan Lal Kataria, Ram Bilas Sharma and Gian Chand
Gupta participated in the protest demonstration.
Nearly 100 workers including some leaders also courted
arrest and all of them were taken to Sector 26 police station
Gujjar said they had later submitted a memorandum to
the Governor on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof