Haryana BJP workers lathicharged, three injured
Chandigarh: Three Haryana BJP workers were
today injured in police lathicharge when a group of party
activists tried to march towards Raj Bhavan during their
demonstration here against price rise and Centre`s alleged
failure to tackle the problem.
While senior BJP leaders from the state were holding a
protest demonstration at Sector 18 this afternoon against the
price rise, a group of party workers jumped over the police
barricades and tried to march towards the Raj Bhavan.
Police initially used water canons but resorted to
State BJP chief and MLA Krishan Pal Gujjar termed the
police action as "unprovoked" and said they had used force and
cane charge on their workers who were holding demonstration in
a "peaceful manner".
Senior leaders including former Union Minister I D
Swami, leader of the state BJP`s legislature group Anil Vij,
former MP Rattan Lal Kataria, Ram Bilas Sharma and Gian Chand
Gupta participated in the protest demonstration.
Nearly 100 workers including some leaders also courted
arrest and all of them were taken to Sector 26 police station
Gujjar said they had later submitted a memorandum to
the Governor on the issue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list