Haryana BJP workers lathicharged, three injured
Chandigarh: Three Haryana BJP workers were
today injured in police lathicharge when a group of party
activists tried to march towards Raj Bhavan during their
demonstration here against price rise and Centre`s alleged
failure to tackle the problem.
While senior BJP leaders from the state were holding a
protest demonstration at Sector 18 this afternoon against the
price rise, a group of party workers jumped over the police
barricades and tried to march towards the Raj Bhavan.
Police initially used water canons but resorted to
State BJP chief and MLA Krishan Pal Gujjar termed the
police action as "unprovoked" and said they had used force and
cane charge on their workers who were holding demonstration in
a "peaceful manner".
Senior leaders including former Union Minister I D
Swami, leader of the state BJP`s legislature group Anil Vij,
former MP Rattan Lal Kataria, Ram Bilas Sharma and Gian Chand
Gupta participated in the protest demonstration.
Nearly 100 workers including some leaders also courted
arrest and all of them were taken to Sector 26 police station
Gujjar said they had later submitted a memorandum to
the Governor on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials