Haryana cabinet approves rules for advocate welfare fund
Chandigarh: The Haryana Cabinet on Friday approved rules for welfare fund for advocates to ensure various kinds of assistance to practising lawyers, their spouse and dependent children.
The Haryana Advocates Welfare Fund Rules, 2014 was approved at a meeting of the state cabinet here today which was presided over by Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda.
Various kinds of assistance will be provided to practising lawyers of the state including grant for medical treatment and compensation to the family in case of the death of a member (advocate) of the trustee committee of the welfare fund to be set up under the rules.
Every advocate practising in Haryana including advocates practising at Chandigarh and having the domicile of Haryana and member of recognised Bar Association would be eligible to apply to the trustee committee of the welfare fund within six months from the date of enforcement of these rules.
In case of hospitalisation for major surgical operations, medical grant of a sum up to Rs 50,000 will be given to the advocate from the welfare fund.
Similarly, a medical grant up to Rs one lakh will be given in case of open heart surgery, organ transplant, angioplasty, tuberculosis, leprosy, paralysis and cancer.
However, if the claimant is entitled or has received any such benefits from any other source, then he or she would not be entitled for any such medical grant, the release said.
The new rules also say that an advocate having membership in more than one Bar Association would be eligible and entitled to be admitted as a member of the fund only from one of his or her choice of Bar Association.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi