Haryana civil aviation issues direction on safe la
Chandigarh: Haryana Transport and Civil Aviation Department has issued directions for safe landing and taking off of helicopters from temporary helipads constructed at new locations in the state to ensure absolute safety of VIPs flying in choppers.
An order to this effect has been issued by the department, an official spokesman said on Friday.
As per the order, ordinarily the helicopter should be taken to only such landing sites which to the knowledge of the helicopter pilot were safe and fit for landing.
Whenever the helicopter is required to be taken to a new landing site, notice of at least one day would be given to the concerned Deputy Commissioner to enable him to prepare the helipad as per specifications required for this purpose.
The pilot could not take off or fly the helicopter with a VIP on board for a new landing site or helipad unless he receives a certificate issued by the Deputy Commissioner of the district in whose jurisdiction the new helipad has been constructed.
The Deputy Commissioner has to ensure that the new helipad should be on the level ground and area of ten meter routes around the H mark has been made dust free by sprinkling adequate amount of water, brick lying and mud wash.
Certificate should also mention that an area of 15 meter radius around H mark is free from all obstructions like trees, bushes, loose materials like pebbles and bricks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter