Haryana closes hookah bars
Chandigarh: Haryana has emerged as the first hookah bar-free state with authorities closing down all such 66 places, Commissioner Food and Drug Administration Rakesh Gupta said on Wednesday.
The decision was taken after raids were conducted on hookah bars and 100 samples were taken, out of which 90 were found nicotine positive, an official release said.
Gupta said court cases have been filed against owners of 22 hookah bars and over 100 cases have been filed against illegal sale of intoxicants. Besides, 50 chemist shops have been sealed in the last six months.
Licences of 40 chemist shops have been cancelled and four owners have been booked under Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substance Act.
Gupta warned that strict action would be taken against chemists found selling medicines above Maximum Retail Price or tampering the original MRP.
He also said a special drive has been launched to nab quacks and unregistered medical practitioners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections