Haryana closes hookah bars
Chandigarh: Haryana has emerged as the first hookah bar-free state with authorities closing down all such 66 places, Commissioner Food and Drug Administration Rakesh Gupta said on Wednesday.
The decision was taken after raids were conducted on hookah bars and 100 samples were taken, out of which 90 were found nicotine positive, an official release said.
Gupta said court cases have been filed against owners of 22 hookah bars and over 100 cases have been filed against illegal sale of intoxicants. Besides, 50 chemist shops have been sealed in the last six months.
Licences of 40 chemist shops have been cancelled and four owners have been booked under Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substance Act.
Gupta warned that strict action would be taken against chemists found selling medicines above Maximum Retail Price or tampering the original MRP.
He also said a special drive has been launched to nab quacks and unregistered medical practitioners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report